Tywyn Wurlitzer presents Simon Gledhill one of the top organists – in the newly refurbished Neuadd Pendre this May!
What’s a Wurlitzer?
657 pipes, along with other instruments, are contained in two chambers behind the stage at the Neuadd Pendre.
Built in Tonawanda in America, the Wurlitzer Organ was originally installed in the Granada Cinema, Woolwich in South East London in 1937. The organ is now owned by John Smallwood of Tywyn who has generously arranged its permanent loan to the people of the town through the Tywyn Town Council.
Read more about the history of the Tywyn Wurlitzer